Friday, September 18, 2015

DLP # 30

August Theme
Faces, the Human Form & Characters

August 8th  challenge

Art Challenge: Characters

Journal Prompt: "If your going to weird be confident about it!"

For More info on the 
Documented Life Project
Visit the ladies 
At Art to The 5th
HERE


it's so funny how tape can lead you in the right direction!!


I needed tape because i was at the center of a signature in my book,
I couldn't find any so i used this wash tape....
i had no idea what i was going to do until i used the tape!!

here's how it went..


tape up-close...


gesso'd and thinking!!!!


created the face with a qtip....



i put the tape on the bottom and went with the theme...
why not!!
i painted then used a micron pen for detail...




then switched to a sharpie added words and details and done..







my book is really fat at this point! Can't get it to lay flat to photograph!!

thx for stopping by!!
Have a great weekend!!





12 comments:

  1. such a fun and whimsical page-love it! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always appreciate seeing the process. Thanks, this is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you showed us the process. It's very cute. I like to put my work under heavy books over night to flatten them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo! Thx for stopping by! Iam very hesitant to put the book under anything.....I'am afraid all the pages will stick together!

      Delete
  4. Very nice I always adore your work and process! Great tape too....adorable! Fabulous message!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post. Yes there are some amazing tapes out with inspiring art on them.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love this and it's so much fun to see your process! I'm behind at DLP even though I like it quite a bit. Hope to get some done for that today. That tape is super cute! I like how it inspired your page. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this turned out awesome! I haven't been using any tape in the gutter of my DLP sketchbook....wondering if that will be a problem down the road? anyway, love that Washi tape...so fun, and you pages turned out great! ♥

    ReplyDelete